Friday, July 24, 2009

Rotorua

I have met such wonderful people. Of course many of them are tourists, too. Most of the Kiwis I have met have been very informed and extremely proud and happy to share their country and culture. I went to see some "authentic" Maori ceremonies last night and an evening viewing of some of their native animals.
I have some amazing pictures of last night, but I don't think I'll be able to post them from this location. I am staying at a quaint, old hotel with outdated power and plumbing. I have already blown the fuse 4 times and all I had on was the bathroom light, the tv, and the electric fireplace. I'm using the computer in the lobby, feeding it $2.00 coins periodically.
Today I will explore this area that is actually a crater created from a volcanic explosion and then I have a spa appointment. There's a lot of thermal activity around here. The earth's crust is very thin and the whole place smells of rotten eggs--Mengel, you'd love it!
Well, just a few minutes left on my account so I'll close an go to breakfast.
~Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment